An informational forum for coaches, parents, and athletes

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pro Day Training: Back At The Dome

This morning we went back to the dome in Tolland.  We go by this saying that if you are five minutes early, you are late.  The workout was scheduled for 6:30am. I got there at 6:20 and the CCSU guys were already there ready to go.  Impressive!  I think they slept there overnight.  The Sacred Heart QB Dale Fink was there and joined in on the drills and the workout.  He also worked on his drops and throws.  The guys looked a lot better today as we worked on some football and position specific drills.  I was happy to see that they were moving around well.  But, the morning ended with the guys trash talking to me about running the combine speed and agility drills.  Of course I did talked back to them and took on the challenge.  Well don't mean to brag but I ran a 4.81 40 YD dash,  4.62 Pro agility and a 7.44 3 L drill!!! Not bad for a 50 year old!!!. No too many 50 year olds in the country can put up numbers like that!!!  I told the guys the day I don't break 5 seconds in the 40 is the day I retire from being a speed coach.  All I know is that I tested better than about 70% of the athletes I train.  And I walked away with no hamstring issues.  Still got my get off and still got my quicks. We had a lot of fun today!  Tomorrow will be the last time they will workout with me.  We are scheduled for 8am in Bloomfield.  After tomorrow its time to rest for the big day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment